APPLE CRUNCH PUPCAKES
Looking for a sweet treat to reward your pup with? These apple crunch pupcakes are guaranteed to become a favourite snack in your household. Filled with healthy yet delicious ingredients, this fruity treat is one of the best healthy homemade dog treats.
2 3/4 CUPS OF WATER
1/2 CUP OF UNSWEETENED APPLE SAUCE
2 TBSP HONEY
DASH OF VANILLA EXTRACT
1 MEDIUM EGG
4 CUPS OF WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
1 CUP OF DRIED UNSWEETENED APPLE CHIPS
1 TBSP BAKING POWDER
PREHEAT OVEN TO 180 DEGREES
MIX WATER , APPLE SAUCE, HONEY , EGG AND VANILLA INTO A BOWL
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS AND MIX UNTIL WELL BLENDED
POUR INTO CUPCAKE CASES AND BAKE IN OVEN FOR 1 HOUR 15 MINS OR UNTIL FIRM .
HEALTHY PUMPKIN BALLS
Want to surprise your dog with a little pumpkin treat? Look no further than these homemade pumpkin dog treats. This sweet treat is loaded with fibre, vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium and iron. Just be sure to choose plain canned pumpkin with no added sweeteners so your pet can fully reap its many health benefits.
1/2 CUP CANNED OR FRESH PUMPKIN
4 TBSP TREACLE
4 TBSP WATER
2 TBSP VEGETABLE OIL
2 CUPS OF WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
1/4 TSP BAKING SODA
1/4 TSP BAKING POWDER
1 TSP CINNAMON.
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 180 DEGREES
2. MIX PUMPKIN, TREACLE, VEGETABLE OIL AND WATER INTO A BOWL
3. ADD FLOUR BAKING SODA, BAKING POWDER AND CINNAMON AND MIX UNTIL A SOFT DOUGH
4. SCOOP OUT SPOONFULS OF DOUGH AND ROLL INTO BALLS ( WET HANDS WORK BEST)
5. SET BALLS ONTO A LIGHTLY GREASED BAKING SHEET, AND FLATTEN WITH A FORK
6. BAKE FOR APPROXIMATELY 25 MINUTES, UNTIL DOUGH HAS HARDENED .
Dog biscuit recipe
. 1 BANANA
. 60G SWEET POTATO MASHED
. 160G OATS/OAT FLOUR
- Peel and chop your sweet potato then boil in a saucepan of water for about 10-15 minutes, until soft. Once thoroughly cooked, drain and set aside to cool completely.
- Tip your oats into a blender and pulse them into a flour, or alternatively you can use ready-made oat flour.
- Add your banana to a bowl along with your cooled sweet potato. Blend until smooth using a hand blender. Then, add in your blended oats or oat flour.
- Mix all the ingredients and then bring together with your hands to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave the in the fridge for up to 6 hours, or overnight. It’s important to do this, as it will allow the oats to absorb some moisture, and means that they won’t swell in your dog’s stomach.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Lightly flour your work surface and roll the dough out to be about 1cm thick. Cut out the biscuits, using whatever shape you like.
- Place them on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes. When they are thoroughly cooked through, remove them from the oven and leave to cool completely.
Once cool, they are ready for your dog to enjoy! These biscuits will keep fresh in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
RECIPE WITH THANKS TO battersea.org.uk
FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER YOGHURT TREATS
900 G VANILLA YOGHURT
1 CUP OF PEANUT BUTTER
MELT THE PEANUT BUTTER IN A MICROWAVE
COMBINE THE PEANUT BUTTER AND YOGHURT
POUR THE MIXTURE INTO CUPCAKE CASES
PLACE IN THE FREEZER
Peanut butter is a favourite treat among many canines. Hence, it’s just obvious why peanut butter should be included in homemade dog treats recipes. Not only is it a flavourful snack, but these homemade peanut butter dog treats are full of protein and healthy fats. Combined with vanilla yogurt, this recipe makes the perfect treat to cool your pet down after a vigorous play session.
PEANUT BUTTER DOG TREATS
Peanut butter dog treats :
2 CUPS OF FLOUR
1/2 CUP OF DOGGY PEANUT BUTTER ( CAN BE BOUGHT AT PETSHOPS)
PUT ALL INGREDIENTS INTO A BOWL AND MIX TOGETHER UNTIL COMBINED, THEN ADD WATER UNTIL IT BECOMES WET ENOUGH TO ROLL OUT AS DOUGH, CUT INTO SHAPES AND BAKE IN OVEN FOR ABOUT 20 MINS, TAKE OUT AND COOL BEFORE GIVING TO YOUR DOG.